Close

Hybrid View

Technician
    Why not just buy one of the new NEMA17's from MakerFarm and not worry about it. It's only 15.00 and that should solve any worry about heat. Get one for your extruder too. I bought my 10"kit at the end of August and the motors it came with, even with a 6 hr print, the extruder motor never gets above 38c measured with an infrared gun. Just mildly warm to the touch. Seems like a cheap but worthwhile purchase.

Quote Originally Posted by Drone View Post
    Why not just buy one of the new NEMA17's from MakerFarm and not worry about it. It's only 15.00 and that should solve any worry about heat.
    Because $US15 = $AU17.58 and postage is $US84.95 = $AU 99.57. Total expense $AU117.15

That's why we try to fix the problem, as who's to say the bright, shiny new stepper won't have the same problem?

OME

Add gmay3 on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by Drone View Post
    Why not just buy one of the new NEMA17's from MakerFarm and not worry about it. It's only 15.00 and that should solve any worry about heat. Get one for your extruder too. I bought my 10"kit at the end of August and the motors it came with, even with a 6 hr print, the extruder motor never gets above 38c measured with an infrared gun. Just mildly warm to the touch. Seems like a cheap but worthwhile purchase.
    That's a good point Drone. I have heard that the new motors are a new part number from our 8" i3v hot running ones. Since I am in the USA and order from makerfarm now and then, I think I might try to swap mine out at some point, especially if I find that an overheating Y motor caused the problem.

Geez! I'm sorry I started this.
    Angry emu.jpg (An angry emu)

It shows that to really fiddle about with these Gcodes, you have to be fluent in the programming language.

Got to admit, this old emu can't learn too many new tricks. Forget Veil #2. Just chuck a chaff bag over me and be done with it.

OME
    Last edited by old man emu; 11-26-2014 at 03:24 PM.