I would think that printable ammunition would come along around the same time as a printable pear, it is not an easy thing to do, a lot of chemistry.

I think the IDEA of printable guns is a curious one, one that has repercussions in a persons rights. I honestly believe in a law abiding persons right to own a gun, no matter whether it is printed, or manufactured. That will not stop the various governments from regulating it though. Maybe regulate 3d printers ?

Under most conditions, a person being released from prison is given "terms and conditions", and supervised. In the case of dangerous people, much more so. I would think that in the terms and conditions, they would include "no access to a 3D printer".

If a person is set on committing a crime, they will do so, no matter what. I have read about random murders, using knives, in the UK, in the great ole USA, there have been some spectacular murders using kitchen knives. I do not know if it is still this way, but in Scotland, it was illegal to have a sword, the Scottish buried their swords. Should knives be done away with ? A printable knife is pretty easy.

People fear guns, while it is not the gun that needs to be feared, it is the person. Guns are benign, until a person takes one up, and then it is benign until it has ammunition. It would be easier to control ammunition, ammunition is much more difficult for the average person to make.

This thread is borderline whether it should be in this area, but it has enough responses that I think it should stay here.