Quote Originally Posted by Bruce3D View Post
@JohnA136: I appreciate the suggestion, I'll take a look.

@Geoff: Thanks for the feedback Geoff, I'm glad to hear you like the site layout. The site does not populate itself with new suggestions and prices of products. It is done manually in bulk increments and for that reason it does not always reflect accurate pricing. Only during checkout process, the prices will be most accurate and updated. The prices you see on the Delta printers are the lowest prices available using our current integration on behalf of Amazon's database. I only have 4 delta printer listed because those are all the ones I was able to generate using the list available at the time. I will try to update the 3d printer lists as often as I can to provide a wide variety of newer products when they are available. As of today, the lowest delta printer price available offered on my site is ~$598 for an unassembled kit. The other 3 delta printers are listed anywhere from $1176 - $1499. Keep in mind those are very different printers in terms of machine size and print build volume.

To address your question about the backend, my site is organized into categories of 3d printers types and filament types and using the system to generate the product's lowest prices available on Amazon, therefore always ensuring lowest price available using our current database of products which is limited to Amazon at the moment. The challenge is generating more products from third party sites such as Google shopping or other e-commerce stores and reflecting their prices along with amazons prices as well. That will definitely take a lot more work but at the moment, the products and prices are sourced from amazon. FilamentX.com does not ship any orders and products are shipped via vendors/sellers of the product.

FilamentX's purpose is to provide a site that is organized in a way that makes sense and give users a valuable 3d printer shopping experience, kind of like a directory for 3d printers/filament that showcases the different types of 3d printers available and filaments available on the market but at the same time function like a web store so that the user can purchase an item if they are interested.

Here is a direct link to tthe delta printers I currently have as of today: http://www.filamentx.com/product-cat...a-3d-printers/

I hope this helps and I would appreciate any other feedback/comments/questions.
Thanks for the reply Bruce, that clears it up, personally, as a consumer I think I'd prefer to deal directly with the vendor, especially after experience with re-sellers in the past - if I had only contacted the supplier in the first place I could have saved myself hundreds. But all the best, there is much competition out there.