Close

Threaded View

Quote Originally Posted by old man emu View Post
    I've almost summoned up the courage to dive into the Auto Bed-Leveling pool, but which thread is the one to study and use?

Old Man Emu
    My suggestion is you grab the Marlin fork that Dacb did. It is here. https://github.com/beckdac/Marlin It is forked from a very current version of Marlin. He has the 'Basic' Enhanced G29 stuff, but it also has other good stuff:

• fixes for MakerFarm people on the Thermistor types
    • Ability to limit bed probing to area being printed.
    • support scripts for Slic3r and Cura for previous item.
    • Fixes to memory leaks in Marlin's G29

I think you would just take your Configuration.h and see if there are any settings you particularly like, and if so, cross them over. And you will have a good starting platform.

This will also give us a good case study to make sure we have things fully baked because at some point I'm hoping Dacb will push all the changes back into the main Marlin code base. What I'm saying is, if you start fresh with that Marlin fork, we will be able to work through any issues associated with this fork and fix any issues with it. It would be good for everybody if we can accomplish that. It is possible that it just fires up and goes with no hiccups because you have a MakerFarm printer. But I guess that remains to be seen?
    Last edited by Roxy; 10-19-2014 at 07:04 PM.