Close

Hybrid View

Add RobH2 on Thingiverse
    Thanks OME. That's a good test, to try with an SD card. I should have thought of that myself. I just never print from a card so I kind of forgot I could. I'll report back if it helped or not. I have the same printer as you FYI.
    Bambu P1S/AMS
    NVision4D http://nvision4d.com

Quote Originally Posted by RobH2 View Post
    Thanks OME. That's a good test, to try with an SD card. I should have thought of that myself. I just never print from a card so I kind of forgot I could. I'll report back if it helped or not. I have the same printer as you FYI.
    The communication link is a weak component of the design. It is across USB, but that USB port is pretending to be an RS-232 communication port. And the protocol for detecting errors in transmission of a line of GCode is pretty lame. I think it is fairly possible the communications to the printer is at fault as opposed to the actual printing being to blame. So, I'm in agreement with printing from and SD-Card for a while. If that goes OK and you switch back to using an USB cable and things start locking up again... You might have your answer.