Close

X axis print issue

Hi,

I am new to this forum.
    I have a Mankati XT printer and have run into a problem. As pictured, the y axis printed fine but the x axis did not print properly. I have not had an
    issue with small centered prints. This print attempt is 195*195*60mm. I have stopped the print at 70%.

Printing - z res- 0.1mm @ 50mm/s
    - Base Layer res 0.3mm @ 10mm/s
    - 100% fill
    - shell thickness 1mm
    - Print Temp -210deg
    -Bed Temp -40deg
    -Material - PLA

Any suggestions?

IMG_4801.jpgIMG_4800.jpg

Luke
    Last edited by luke.kiebert; 05-11-2014 at 09:52 PM.

It isn't obvious exactly what is wrong... But the bulk of the print looks perfect. I just got my printer going crisp and clean. I had a simple problem that I couldn't figure out for a week. When I finally figured it out... It was a simple problem and easy to fix (other than I had to tear apart my Z-Axis on one side).

I know this isn't a big help right now. But almost all of these problems have a very very simple root cause. My bet is when you find the reason, it is going to match what I just said.

If it was me... I would back off and do some very thin walled calibration cubes. I would watch everything getting laid down. Until you get a simple calibration cube printing perfect, this print is too big and complicated to be wasting your time on. Remember... Usually, the problem is caused by something very simple. From the pictures, we are missing some important information. The problem is on the X-Axis, but we can't see the corner where the X & Y come together. My guess is that corner is not correct????

But all that aside... I like to print 'Hot'. But I've never printed PLA at 210 C.

Quote Originally Posted by Roxy View Post
    It isn't obvious exactly what is wrong... But the bulk of the print looks perfect. I just got my printer going crisp and clean. I had a simple problem that I couldn't figure out for a week. When I finally figured it out... It was a simple problem and easy to fix (other than I had to tear apart my Z-Axis on one side).

I know this isn't a big help right now. But almost all of these problems have a very very simple root cause. My bet is when you find the reason, it is going to match what I just said.

If it was me... I would back off and do some very thin walled calibration cubes. I would watch everything getting laid down. Until you get a simple calibration cube printing perfect, this print is too big and complicated to be wasting your time on. Remember... Usually, the problem is caused by something very simple. From the pictures, we are missing some important information. The problem is on the X-Axis, but we can't see the corner where the X & Y come together. My guess is that corner is not correct????

But all that aside... I like to print 'Hot'. But I've never printed PLA at 210 C.
    What temperature would you recommend?

Here is a test print for x and y axis. Both sections were printed at the same time. Showing front view in the picture.

IMG_4802.jpg

Thanks

Luke
    Last edited by luke.kiebert; 05-12-2014 at 12:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by luke.kiebert View Post
    What temperature would you recommend?
    I would probably start at 190 C and make a decision about whether it was fusing well.

Almost looks like the belt isn't tight enough. Slop in the belt would cause the head to position incorrectly when it changes direction in one axis, resulting in filament being deposited incorrectly as you're seeing.

I have a quick question as what you are saying is exactly what I have noticed on mine, belt isn't tight enough however I have to constantly tighten mine do you know of a solution to keep them tightened? and also can they be clamped or something? , I am waiting for response from FF, but nothing yet, I though maybe you would know. I also think my belt maybe a little short, and that could cause them to slip often, can not even get through one print, thanks

@bluesmurf, what kind of printer do you have?

Oh sorry I have a flashforge pro thanks

Add Geoff on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by bluesmurf View Post
    I have a quick question as what you are saying is exactly what I have noticed on mine, belt isn't tight enough however I have to constantly tighten mine do you know of a solution to keep them tightened? and also can they be clamped or something? , I am waiting for response from FF, but nothing yet, I though maybe you would know. I also think my belt maybe a little short, and that could cause them to slip often, can not even get through one print, thanks
    Did you not get the silver belt tightening spring loaded clamps on your Flashforge? I have them on my old FF, they are just simply belt tensioners, you can print your own out off thingiverse...

http://www.thingiverse.com/search?q=belt+tensioner&sa=
    Hex3D - 3D Printing and Design http://www.hex3d.com