Close

Hybrid View

I have been struggling with these plates for almost a year now.
    I have a cartesian and a delta printer. I print PETG and ABS on the cartesain and PLA on the delta.

It got to the point on the delta that it was like anti-adhesion.

The filament would go down on to the bed, but then the next outer line would tear up the inner line.

OR

The filament would go down on to the bed, and immediately curl up away from the bed

OR

The filament would not even get to the bed, it would just wad up around the nozzle.

It got to the point that I couldn't print anything. Both of my printers were down because of anti-bed adhesion.

I tried hotter, cooler, faster, slower, more z gap, less z gap, wipe with IPA. I did everything I could think of.

Finally I had enough. I dug out an old build sheet. I don't know how to describe these other than it is black and I can cut it with scissors and it has adhesive on the back side. I stuck it down on a sheet of glass and stuck that down on the printer and set my z height.

I am back in business. I ordered some more on Amazon and I put one on my cartesain printer too. I'm back where I was a year ago lol.

They grip the print very well, almost too well, but I would rather deal with that than to find out a 4 hour print let go after 3 hours.

Whew my nightmare is over. In the words of AC/DC I'm back in black! And I'm glad to be back.
    Last edited by sdtag; 04-13-2024 at 04:49 PM.

Super Moderator
    Did You adjust the 'Z' offset in the slicer or just the 'Z' height when setting the initial nozzle difference?

I should have made that clearer in my answer , now rectified.

From your description it sounds as if your nozzle was slightly too far away using the PEI sheet.
    Last edited by Bikeracer2020; 04-14-2024 at 01:51 AM.