Hi laird.
Our goal with this one wasn´t doing 2 different parts at the same time, it was doing more parts at the same time. Bukobot and other like you said already do that and they do it very well. One other thing is we wanted do do a multipurpose extruder, it is thought to have additional features without the need to change it. We are releasing the concepts one per week. the images we are using are part of the manuals we are doing for them, We just didn't finished because we are going to the Lisbon Mini Maker fair next month and as you can imagine, we have a lot ti do. Even so I believe I'll have all documentation ready. The next addons we are releasing is the draw function and the cut function. Nothing new but together in the same piece in a functional way for the first time. At this point with 1 monkey you can use and combine 4 of this functions
-Hi resolution Nozzle from 0.2 to 0.5mm
-Low resolution nozzle for big prints 1 to 2mm
-Draw Pen
-Cut
-Normal Paste Extruder
-Endless Paste extruder (in finishing touches also)
-Laser (we use a open-source project)
-Cnc by spindle or dremmel.

Only in case of the cnc you need to change the head. Its only 4 screws.

As for the CNC, yes its only for soft materials for now. We use around 8mm to 10mm stainless steel rails, but for people who want do work for shure with stronger material we will use between 12 to 16mm rails. The double metal sheet you see for the structure is 5mm thick and also in stainless steel. As you can see its not and industrial cnc but its able of handling some interesting material.
I have a movie machining foam, ill post it here later or you can see it in our fb, this next week I'll be trying and recording new materials so you can see. Please see our files for the structure in the github and share you knowledge with us to help improve this project. As you can see its really open!

The next step for us will be creating special options for this tools in the slicing programs. You can use now a regular one to use the tools, but we waln to simplify the life of all.