Close

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
    I have some experiments I have wanted to build which require a bit of trial and error plus I am lacking the tooling skills to make some of the parts which should be relatively trivial with a 3D printer.

Add GOC on Google+ Add GOC on Thingiverse
    Q: What's the most practical application for 3D printing in your life?

A: The practical uses that my printer sees regularly is printing replacement parts. A lot of product manufactures out there thrive on the fact a little plastic piece breaks and you have to buy the whole damn product again. I just print the piece, repair the item, & continue my day.

Definitely it would be creating replacement parts and objects that aren't easy to create in other ways. I have been able to create a handle for the sunroof in my 2000 Honda CRV which is simple but expensive to replace. I also printed a replacement head for my wife's handheld vacuum sealer that was lost at some point and has been impossible to replace. That saved us the cost of purchasing a whole new unit to replace an otherwise good and functional vacuum sealer.

Just want to build parts to repair, replace, fun, robots, quadcopters, build more printers!

Student
    I most need a 3d printer so I can print parts that I can then use to cast sand molds for casting metals to make the parts I need for may items I will build like small steam engines, wind generator parts, small lathe for table top use etc....
    My big lathe/mill is great but too large to be portable, a smaller lathe I could move around would be great to have and I can build it myself and machine the parts as needing using my big one, but first I have to cast the parts to work with for the small one.

Also, with a 3d printer I could print pieces for tooling such as a divider head I need, cast the parts in aluminum, machine them, and walla I'd have tools I need I can not afford to buy!

But first I need something to make the sand molds with so I can cast the metal parts I need to work with, and 3d printed ABS parts will work great for making sand molds!

Student
    Follow moke1180 On Twitter Add moke1180 on Facebook
    What's the most practical application for 3D printing in your life?

Fix stuff around the house and make the house look cool by 3D printing light fixtures.

Follow rvanwaes On Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie View Post

What's the most practical application for 3D printing in your life?

3D printing has been great for household stuff - hooks, feet, doodads, replacement parts.

I use 3D printing for data visualization, product design, and small-scale architectural models.

We are using 3D printing to make custom-made models, prototypes and parts for product developers, helping them verify and validate inventions and designs!

for me it is a hobby, my son is now 17 months so I am looking forward to be able to start printing some learning tools for him.

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast