Thanks for the replies guys.

Quote Originally Posted by curious aardvark View Post
The thing is once you go past .1mm print resolution, you pretty much need a microscope to see the difference.

Ulimakers claim reliable printing down to 0.05mm

But you'd need to see the same thing printed at different resolutions on the same printer to try and tell the difference between .1 and .05
did you say you were in holland, near ultimaker ? (Hmm, probably another thread)
In that case pop in and ask to see some print examples. Pretty sure they'd show you :-)

Holding an actual printed article in your hand is worth 3000 internet threads.
Yes, I'm from the Netherlands; home of both the Ultimaker and Builder. So I can (and will!) go to both their 'printevents' to get a small presentation, example, and get any questions answered.
I have seen a lot of the printers at ESEF/RapidPro 2014 but it's difficult to compare them because not all of them are side-by-side and a lot of models look/are cleaned up/treated.

I couldn't really find much information about the Builder except a short article in Makezine so I wouldn't know which other printer it's comparable to. It seems pretty unique with its dual-extrusion through one extruder and the large build size (66[cm]) on the larger model. And the mono extruder version is pretty much the cheapest assembled printer I can find (due to shipment & tax.)