Close

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Flexible materials. Maybe something that would feel like 100% silicone caulk.

Metallic looking materials

Paintable PLA

Student
    Add Solstie on Google+ Add Solstie on Thingiverse
    I generally just print in PLA and ABS. I like to make instruments with my printer which are generally very large prints (like a body of a guitar). Large prints with ABS are not fun.... They warp and crack all the time when you try and get the layers thin. If you make them too thick they warp and crack due to the uneven cooling. Would be great to have a lower density material than PLA that works well for large prints.

I would say the use of carbon fiber needs to be expanded. Not just a filament, but the ability to be able to print in either twill weave or 2x2 pattern. I suppose this may be available in the future.

We need Graphene Filament!!
    either that or carbon nano tubes.

Technician
    easy to melt metals like bronze, tin, copper, so you can print electrical wires directly into models, instead of having to wire them later.

Transparent or "glass like" filament for making things like goggles for my dog. Seriously. My dog needs them and my roommate will laugh so hard, that alone will be worth it. I also agree that a continuous filament of carbon fibre with a resin-type casing that would allow for printing true carbon fibre would be great. The markforge seems to be along that lines but their website is sparse on details.

Student
    Add corben33 on Thingiverse
    Other than the higher strength PLA that I posted earlier, I would like to see more wood-like filaments. These could be used a lot for household objects (such as shelves) and people would not even be able to tell that they were 3D printed.

Metallic filaments.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast