Close

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Technologist
    Follow mikethebomber On Twitter Add mikethebomber on Facebook Add mikethebomber on Google+
    I won't say carbon fiber, but reinforcement for filaments would be a big plus. Even ABS has a breaking point.

Technician
    It would be nice to have a selection of various flexibilities / properties. Also, people note color a lot -- I think a better solution to color would either be post-print (paint) or color added at the nozzle due to the near infinite number of variations of color that may be desired.

Student
    Metallic finishes for plastics.

There needs to be more effort put into carbon fiber.

Follow rvanwaes On Twitter
    I agree with a lot of the previous posts. More varieties on color would be nice (i.e matte, eggshell, glossy for existing colors). Not many multi-color spools are offered, which would be nice when frequently changing colors. Conductive filaments or more rubbery filaments could also be fun to experiment with.

Student
    Add rafbe on Facebook
    conducting filaments

Flexible filament

Biodegredable materials should be more popular!

Add GOC on Google+ Add GOC on Thingiverse
    Q: What new material(s) do you think the filament market isn't providing, or isn't providing well?

A: Conductive filaments. They are slowly coming into the market, but they aren't quite as effective as they could be. Although there is a filament that has caught my attention in this category. The filament on kickstarter called 'F-Electric' looks very promising.

I'd like to see some of the very-low melting point polymers. I have some LDPE that i can melt in hot water. Seems like a safer alternative... especially for kids.

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast