Hi all, I can confirm that dual extruder is awesome. I only have one printer and I had to remove my existing extruder and steal a few screws so if this thing didn't work, I was out of a printer until I got things back together. But, that fear was unfounded because as soon as I began build it I realized it was going to work right away. I haven't looked back. I have about 15 hours of print time on it now without a single jam or hiccup. I had a power supply issue that stymied me a bit but I've worked past that I think. It had nothing to do with the extruder. The mods you need to make to Marlin are not difficult either. I can post what I did if people what that.

It's a great design, well thought out and great looking. So many extruder designs look like boxes glued to more boxes. This design really looks like it does what it says it does.

I appreciate the kudos for testing and feedback but I have to admit, it was so well designed that there was not that much to tweak. The fact that I was able to print it, order the parts and pretty much get it working on the first pass speaks volumes to the work that had already gone into the initial design and prototyping. I had to modify the design to fit my older style Makerfarm i3 8" as I have rods for the x-carriage. This was designed for the Markerfarm V-slot version, the latest model.

I made a special back plate for the extruder shelf and the only mod I needed for my Makerfarm was to drill two small holes in the wood of the x-carriage bearing plate. If there is interest I can upload that plate to Thingiverse for you. Those holes allow the extruder shelf to rotate enough to level the two hexagons. It's a really easy mod if you have the older Makerfarm, or, any other printer that has an "L" shaped mounting system.

So, go to Thingiverse and give this thing a try. It's worth the work. So, thanks 'clough42', for an awesome dual-extruder Hexagon solution for the Makerfarm.

DualHexagon_01.jpgDualHexagon_First-Print.jpgDualHexagon_Print_02.jpg