Quote Originally Posted by curious aardvark View Post
hmm - what extruders do you have on your ?
I'm thinking flashforge have improved them considerably since you bought yours. Pretty sure I've got mk8 extruders.
All i know is that I have printed at 15cms - again because of makerware's anal resetting policy. And it worked. It was a cone at .4 and it was the only cone that wasn't watertight - but it did print.

My biggest bugbear is the way makerware resets all the sodding values if you so much as look at it crosswise.
I thought I was printing a big hollow bunny at 0.4 mm.

ha ha - what fool I am. It decided to print a filled in bunny - with honeycomb no less, even though I'm sure I've edited every config file there is and set it to linear as default. - at .2.

Yeah it's still printing.
I might get back on in a few hours, or tomorrow lol

One of the things you should find with the new printer geoff is that you can use all the other free software that's out there. My personal favourite is cura - but repetier host seems to get most people's votes.

You know they always tell you how long a kg roll of filament will last ?
There's not much left of the white abs after a few frantic days :-)
And I'm sick of stanford bunnies ! lol

*** (some time later - still printing bunny)

Ah ha - discovered what happened - when you change the settings to what you want and click create profile - it resets every single setting to high frigging quality. So I'm printing a 14 cm high stanford bunny at .1 bloody resolution. The damn thing's going in the garden, the dog will piddle on it .4 would have been fine. You have to laugh or you'd cry.

So basically it's pointless creating custom profiles in makerware as it just just automatically resets any changes. I think if you reset them through proftweak you might be able to get it to stick. But I think that's what I'd done. Hell i only got 4 hours sleep last night - I can't remember what I did :-)
I have the new extruders, I replaced the original ones, they are terribad. They can't feed any flex filament and they slip on wood filament and clear also. I'm glad they stopped selling them.