Close

Page 23 of 32 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Senior Engineer
    Take the extruder off the stepper motor and load filament on the menu, watch the stepper motor is what I meant.

Quote Originally Posted by Mjolinor View Post
    Take the extruder off the stepper motor and load filament on the menu, watch the stepper motor is what I meant.
    Will do. i'll try get a video of it too and post a link. might help things. the gears and things seem sto be running fine. it just seems to be running the wrong way lol

Senior Engineer
    if it is running the wrong way and not smoothly then it is a broken wire or a faulty stepper driver board.

Well folks a bit of an update. stripped the extruder right back and tried to feed filament into it as Mjolinor suggested. the lil motorized driver part just clicks back n forth slightly. swapped the power cable round from the left extruder to the 'broken' right extruder and it goes perfectly. swapped the right power cable to the left extruder and that does the same slight back n forth thats been the issue.

i've checked the wire ends and i can't see any broken wires, also the printer is only 2months old at most so i'm asuming its a Faulty stepper driver board as Mjolinor suggests. next question.... how easy is it to fix or is it something thats gonna require it to go back to the supplier to exchange for me? (still under warranty)
    Last edited by Laughlyn; 06-20-2015 at 01:12 PM.

Thank you for taking you time to write this up. It's been a big help

I recently acquired a Creator, but after setting it up and installing all of the drivers on the provided SD card, (Python 2.6, Psyco 1.6), the printer won't connect to Replicator G. Did i miss something?

Hi All,
    I just picked up a Flashforge creator Pro and am having a nightmarish time trying to level the build plate. The problem is that when I go into the levelling tool in utilities, the build plate goes up far too high and presses into the extruder nozzles denting the kapton tape on the bed.... I have loosened the wing nuts on the bed all the way in an attempt to lower it but the nozzles are still pressing hard into the bed. Is there any way to fix this/adjust the Z offset when leveling?????

Any help is extremely appreciated.

To lower the bed you have to tighten the wingnuts. Loosing the wingnuts raise the bed. Hope this helps you out.

Quote Originally Posted by akruse12 View Post
    To lower the bed you have to tighten the wingnuts. Loosing the wingnuts raise the bed. Hope this helps you out.
    Can hardly believe I made that mistake for so long..... Thanks akruse and Mjolinor! Ran the test prints and everything came out fine without issue

I just have two more questions

For anyone who has installed a glass platform on their print bed, did you do so directly over the Kapton tape? Is there any need for anything else between the glass platform and build plate before installing?

For the z-axis shim that's needed to compensate for the added thickness of the glass, is there a working model that anyone has used with the most recent iteration of the FFCP? The screw mountings at the back of my build plate look a little different to what I have seen online in older FF machines.
    Last edited by jbak9141; 09-30-2015 at 09:12 AM.

Technician
    No need for anything between but I use Gino pads. They're sticky enough horizontally to hold the print still, but release the bed vertically if I need to take it off. Then I can avoid using binder clips and risk having the nozzle hit them. I do also use two of the printed bed corners to make it easy to drop it on aligned. I think most people cut them into 30mm squares and put them on the bed with some space between. Makes it so you don't have to fuss with folds or bubbles.

http://www.amazon.com/400mm-205mm-Si.../dp/B007PPEW52

Page 23 of 32 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast