I've been using my Printrbot Simple Metal and Simplify3D for about 6 weeks now. Spent a lot of time getting things calibrated and properly set up. I'm really amazed and pleased with the quality of prints that I'm getting. I know this is not the case across the board but when I look at prints people have done on Thingiverse and Youtube with other printers I see some pretty bad quality. Not all of course but a lot for sure.

Even when I look at samples from the "prosumer" models like the Ultimaker 2 and MakerBot Replicator, they don't look anywhere near the quality I'm getting with my Printrbot. I'm not picking on any particular printer models, I'm too much of a newb to really to really know for sure, I'm just thinking out loud on what I seem to be seeing. I watched the video on the MakerBot display at HomeDepot and the prints looked horrible.

Is it merely the fact that I have a good setup and some don't take the time or is it really the printer? I'm already looking to upgrade to a more prosumer model with a larger build platform but honestly I haven't seen anything yet that makes me want to spend the $$'s. Gotta say I do love my little Printrbot Metal.