Quote Originally Posted by curious aardvark View Post
new one on me.
Interesting concept for sure.

So how do you convert it from a delta to a horizontal square cnc milling machine ?
Also what wattage is the laser ?

Looking around - I suspect the kickstarter models were the only ones ever made.

The company now makes a large square framed printer and has no mention on their website of the original optimus 3-in-1.
The three rails are easily removed from the Delta top and bottom plates with a few screws and reconfigured into the cartesian bed for CNC and laser use. The laser was also originally supposed to be useable in the delta configuration however the people who tried that ran into many problems I believe. I did "buy in" fully, unfortunately. I have the "10W" laser unit but I've never even tried it. My Optimus has never been reconfigured, I've only used it as a delta 3D printer. It worked passably well for about a year and a half until a failure of my BuildTak surface combined with some nagging under extrusion issues led me to set it aside until I could figure it all out. Well, I'm trying to figure it out now. Febtop's support is spotty at best. They spam their email list with every new machine they introduce but fail to support customers of their older units. I foolishly bought a v2 "upgrade" which arrived in terrible condition and when I realized that using it would eliminate my heated bed I decided to put off that conversion as well.

Febtop has made two additional models I believe, the "C1" and the "P1". Both were larger machines than the Optimus v1. The experience I have had with them and the Optimus has soured me on Febtop. The lies about where they are located (China, not Sweden as they claim), the complete lack of support, failure to even fix basic issues with the automated bed leveling system on the Optimus.