The gloves are a good idea. I'm not really concerned if it looks weird. I just figure that if I can stand to keep them on for 4-6 hours a day or even while I sleep then maybe the tendons in my hands will relax a bit and restore some dexterity. Thin leather gloves would be fine, but I wanted to throw this out there since you mentioned it: I can get as many pairs of these gloves (see image) as I would ever need for free. We call them "kevlars" since they are cut resistant, but I somewhat doubt that they actually have any kevlar in them. Somewhat stretchy and they have a rubberized underside for better grip. Think that might work? As you suspected, some especially tight gloves are almost impossible for me to get on, but I have to wear the "kevlars" just about every day at work anyway, so they're fine. I'm going to have a look at openscad. The concept of rapid prototyping is extremely exciting to me and I feel as if I am missing out by not being able to actually engineer anythingI'm just curious, but what country do you live in? You said it's "bloody cold" and that has me thinking UK even though they're not the only ones that use that expression. :/ Back in the '90s I watched a British TV show called "The Secret Life of Machines" by Tim Hunkin and Rex Garrod. Still one of my favorites. (And upon looking up Rex to make sure I spelled his name right, I found out that he passed last year. That really sucks. He seemed like a very cool guy.)