I've narrowed my choice of printer to the 10" i3v due to generous build area, the abundant amount of help available on forums, youtube, the manufacturer, etc., reviews by people that use this printer, and of course the attractive price. Being my first printer all of these things are very important to me being able to achieve good printing results. I was looking at a couple of others in the same price ball park, but for reasons like not getting responses to questions and lack of an active userbase for help I have ruled them out and feel MakerFarm would probably improve my chances for a successful printing experience. So I am ready to pull the trigger on this one.

The intended use for this printer is for prototyping small parts before manufacture and parts will be in the 6"x6"x4" or smaller range, but like this printer for the ability to go a bit bigger if needed.

I need a little advice before I order though. I'm not sure which nozzle to get with the kit. I think the hexagon might be best since I will be able to print materials other than ABS and PLA, but I don't know if the 1.75mm or 3mm would be best. What difference would I see between the two in actually printing and what advantages would each provide? It seems 3mm material is a bit cheaper to buy than the 1.75mm. Is there a reason for this?

Also, are there upgrades or additions I should order initially to make this a better printer or is the stock kit fine as it is? Should I get the additional items for auto leveling and install this during the build, or do that mod down the road after gaining some experience with the stock build? And of course, what should I be considering that I haven't thought of before purchasing?

I've got the cash set aside for the purchase and I'm chomping at the bit to get it ordered and on the way, but I would rather get some advice before placing my order to reduce any possible frustration from folks that have been down this road already. I've been lurking here and other sites for a couple of months now trying to understand the market a bit and what the benefits and frustrations of 3d printing might be, and since none of what I've seen has been enough to scare me away, I guess I'm ready to jump.

Thanks for any advice you can give me.