Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Hybrid View

Ok, I bought the app and after playing around with it a bit more and Tinkercad, I have to say it has some nice features. Being able to subtract any shape from any other is great. As a test I wanted to build a small round bottle similar to what one would see holding a potion in a game. This involves subtracting one sphere from another, a hollow cylinder and a little donut for the lip on the bottle. Once I get it done I'll try to post it somewhere. With a quick search I did find this one (http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:208592) that is almost completely doable in Morphi, the only hard part would be the dent in the bottom.

Student
    Quote Originally Posted by innovestment View Post
    Ok, I bought the app and after playing around with it a bit more and Tinkercad, I have to say it has some nice features. Being able to subtract any shape from any other is great. As a test I wanted to build a small round bottle similar to what one would see holding a potion in a game. This involves subtracting one sphere from another, a hollow cylinder and a little donut for the lip on the bottle. Once I get it done I'll try to post it somewhere. With a quick search I did find this one (http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:208592) that is almost completely doable in Morphi, the only hard part would be the dent in the bottom.
    Hi again,

We're happy that you are getting to know Morphi's tools.

To make your bottle flat on the bottom, all you need to do is:

• drag down a cube
    • select and resize it
    • position it at the bottom of the sphere using the alignment tools (see image 1, you'll need to select both objects for the alignment tools to pop up)
    • once it's properly positioned, press subtract (see image 2).

To hollow out the new flat bottom sphere, you can:

• copy and shrink it so that it can fit within the original sphere
    • use the alignment tools to center align it against the original sphere (see image 3)
    • press subtract.

Instead of the cylinder, you can also try the cone shape and play around with the Diameter 1 and Diameter 2 sliders (image 4). The angles are a bit softer.

We made your bottle too (see image 5). We hope this helps - enjoy!

Cheers,
    The Inventery,
    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12