Quote Originally Posted by Roxy View Post
Well... OK, but I can tell you I would put an extra nut on each side and lock both pairs down hard. I don't care if they don't like it! The whole purpose they are there is to make sure the bearing (which is also the pulley???) doesn't move. I'm going to spend the extra $.18 and lock the position down hard. (And I can still move it later if I decide to. ) {But I also know your printers are better than mine... So I won't lecture you!}
The 2 nuts are counter screwed, so they cancel each other out and have a spring washer inside, so they hold extremely tight and don't budge without some serious effort, but we'll see how it goes printing, so far so good no movement.
I ended up with a billion nuts and screws so can fix if need be, but have also seen better ones on thingiverse (printed Y idlers) and they look much better.

I think that's what I love about this design, sooo many printable parts, so many upgrades... I'm having a blast adding stuff to it now! My aluminum frame was done, but since I cheaped out and got it done at 4mm it flexes so getting a new one done at 6mm! solid! my brother in law has pneumonia too so no mig welding for a bit or cutting, so for now using the perspex clear frame that came with it (its one of those aurora z605 clones.. and not even that, a clone of a clone...)

It came with a Melzi mini reprap board, which is crap (doesn't support LCD ) but was good for a quick component test and make sure was all ok before I cleaned up the wiring, so now the ramps will replace it with the nice cheap and nasty sainsmart LCD controller I got.

I can't believe how cheap this stuff is now... you can get an entire ramps kit with LCD for under $100 now... and ive seen some that come with an MK2a hotbed or mk2b for about $120 all up..