Close

Hybrid View

Technologist
    Add usarmyaircav on Google+ Add usarmyaircav on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by AbuMaia View Post
    Here's a link to some set-screw couplers. www.amazon.com/dp/B00M4VNAPA How did tightening your couplers work for you?
    I have not gotten to test it yet. I used the couplers I have and cranked them down as hard as I could. I got all the wiring done except for the power cord, which I picked up yesterday. I ended up going with what seems to be standard lamp cord, 16gage 2 wire. I will try that and if there is issue, I will get some 14x2. The only thing that I wasn't sure of, is that the 16x2 and the 14x2 are both rated for 15 amps, not sure if that makes any difference or not. Hoping I can run the power wires tonight and do some basic power on and move stuff. Soo excited, It has been a really long journey to get this far.

Add printbus on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by usarmyaircav View Post
    ... I ended up going with what seems to be standard lamp cord, 16gage 2 wire. I will try that and if there is issue, I will get some 14x2. The only thing that I wasn't sure of, is that the 16x2 and the 14x2 are both rated for 15 amps, not sure if that makes any difference or not.
    The difference in the 15-amp capacity of the 14 and 16 gauge wires is likely how they are rated. The 16-gauge is probably rated for a 90-degree C temperature, and the 14-gauge a lower temperature.