Hello,
I'm also a engineering student (industrial chemical process engineer, KULeuven Belgium). I'm also experimenting with an DIY FDM printer in my free-time. I read your paper with great interest. I never tried heating the prints again after printing to make them stronger. But I have a few questions about your research:

1. How do you explain the stronger prints when printing with higher speeds? I would expect the opposite.

2. I came across your paper via this article: http://3dprint.com/3388/study-how-to...ints-stronger/

On this article they use a picture (at the bottom of the article) I'm not sure but I think it has nothing to do with your research? It looks like the result of acetone-bathing ABS.. It would be nice to see such smoothing on PLA, but I think this picture has nothing to do with heating up the finished print.

3. Did you make some kind of data-plot with temperature vs. stiffness? I really like the fact that it makes the material stronger but it would be nice to see the real optimum time at a certain temperature. Then it would be clear after how much time further heating would be pointless.

Very interesting topic guys. Maybe I'll try this out myself when printing stuff that need higher strength.

Greetings,

Kenny