Hello. I have a friend who recently got a monoprice mini v2 for doing just this. He makes little battleships for a starwars/star trek style rpg game he is playing. He is having great success with his. I have the original monoprice mini and it has been a workhorse. it prints awesome and there is no assembly required. open the box plug it in and get printing. There is just one drawback aside from build size and that is the limited upgradeability Printing smaller things will eventually leave you wanting a smaller nozzle and then finer resolution stepper motors or different pulley or threaded rod sizes to get more steps per mm of travel so you can print the finer things finer. The monoprice mini is what it is. You might find a different nozzle but you will not be chasing 0.9 degree stepper motors or any other meaningful upgrade to improve on build quality. Not that the mini doesn't print awesome because it does. I am just talking about very fine detail on very small items.

So my vote is for the full size printer. because of the freedom to chase better performance down the road. Both will do you well.