Close

Hybrid View

I've seen you critical about the 3 point leveling system in another thread. Can you elaborate your dislike for the 3 point vs. the 4 point leveling plate? The Sindoh printer at my old job was a 3 point and my Tronxy kit at home is a 4 point. In theory, I thought the 3 point plate would be better because a plane can be defined by 3 points, whereas 4 points can overdefine or throw out a plane. Just curious what your thoughts are.

Also, are there any modifications you've done to your K-N-P printer? Does it have any kind of leveling assist? Also, it looks like it doesn't use plain g-code, but a different format you need to convert g-code into. Is that accurate, and if so is it a pain to deal with? I was looking at the Monoprice Maker Ultimate, but I could get the Klic-N-Print one and an inexpensive delta kit for that price, and the K-N-P printer is a dual extruder to boot.

Thanks for any input,

Regards,

Matt

Thanks for the insight on this Aardvark. I went ahead and ordered one. I noticed the filament is pretty cheap too

As far as the 3 vs.4 point leveling, I'm actually looking forward to 3 point. I currently have a monoprice maker select with 4 point and it's horrible to level.

I started using Mattercontrol instead of Cura since it has software leveling and it's been effortless, hopefully ill be able to use it with the KnP