Close

Page 60 of 76 FirstFirst ... 1050585960616270 ... LastLast
    Student
    Add tstockgl on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by Roxy View Post
    I'll have to hunt down some information from another thread... But the fix for this might be known.

A number of bugs have been fixed in the main line Marlin code base. We need to get the better G29 merged into that. Probably a lot of these issues go away. Alternatively, we need to change this thread so it is making changes to the current code base.

Tyson: How did you do this? Can you start a thread and document what you did? This is very nice! It would be nice if this could be automatically done by the firmware!
    Hey Roxy,
    Thanks for looking into those issues! I'm in the process of checking out the other threads as well. A lot of great info here!
    As for the "Bed probe graphic visualization" I created that in Maya and Photoshop. Nothing fancy, just manually input the probe points to the corresponding polygon verticies of the polygon plane and added another "Level" plane for reference. Then proportionally scaled the plane up in the Z axis to better see the offsets compared to the "Level" plane.
    It would be awesome if something like this could be incorporated into the firmware!
    One of my good friends is writing me a Unity script for doing this automatically via a web interface, inputting just a *.txt file with the probe coordinates.
    I'll keep you posted.

Thanks again for the help!
    Tyson

Quote Originally Posted by tstockgl View Post
    Hey Roxy,
    As for the "Bed probe graphic visualization" I created that in Maya and Photoshop. Nothing fancy, just manually input the probe points to the corresponding polygon verticies of the polygon plane and added another "Level" plane for reference. Then proportionally scaled the plane up in the Z axis to better see the offsets compared to the "Level" plane.
    It would be awesome if something like this could be incorporated into the firmware!
    One of my good friends is writing me a Unity script for doing this automatically via a web interface, inputting just a *.txt file with the probe coordinates.
    I'll keep you posted.
    Yeah.... That is along the lines of what I was thinking... Except, I was wondering would it be possible for the firmware to generate an .html page that would directly post the data to the server so the picture gets drawn? Instead of using what ever front end they present and having the user fill in the data.... Maybe a .html page would be generated that pushes the data to the server and the resulting page that gets displayed is a picture of the orientation?

Quote Originally Posted by printbus View Post
    Sure sounds like the 5V from the MEGA2560 board could be dropping out. Do you have another USB cable/computer to try or a powered USB hub to feed the USB through? Maybe the USB port on the computer you're using can't handle the additional load of the servo running; if it drops out the 5V regulator on the MEGA2560 board certainly can't handle the added servo load for long.

I think I had a similar problem when I first put a servo on mine. hooked up a 7805 to the 5v rail instead of using the onboard regulator and its been good ever since.

Quote Originally Posted by sprocket1597 View Post
    I think I had a similar problem when I first put a servo on mine. hooked up a 7805 to the 5v rail instead of using the onboard regulator and its been good ever since.
    I believe all of the 78xx regulators are supposed to be powered by something more than what they put out. Probably, a 7805 should be powered with 7v or 8v ????

Quote Originally Posted by Roxy View Post
    I believe all of the 78xx regulators are supposed to be powered by something more than what they put out. Probably, a 7805 should be powered with 7v or 8v ????
    Yes, I have mine off the 12v supply. Something like this:
    http://regpye.com.au/BAL/5-volts.jpg

Hello, for some reason the code:
    #if defined (ENABLE_AUTO_BED_LEVELING) && (PROBE_SERVO_DEACTIVATION_DELAY > 0)
    if (axis==Z_AXIS)
    do_blocking_move_relative(0, 0, Z_RAISE_BEFORE_TERMINAR);
    #endif

has a side effect...i need to rise a bit Z before raising the probe, this works, yet Marlin doest not seem to get the new height, so this new offset is not added to the Z_PROBE_OFFSET_FROM_EXTRUDER
    i wonder if this has anything to do with me using a custom raise distance (new define hereZ_RAISE_BEFORE_TERMINAR)

Engineer-in-Training
    I am doing a bit of research on the way the ABL works on my Makerfarm Prussa. The ABL works just fine and probes in three spots but the probe raises before the z retracts and smashes into the platform.

I tried to follow the directions in the first post and I can see the section for the G28 command in my firmware but not the auto bed level grid part. My firmware appears to be outdated.

The trouble is I am not sure how to update the firmware and keep my settings. The firmware was supplied by Colin at Makerfarm.

I am not really interested in probing more locations, I just want the z to raise before putting the probe up.

Hello, first, thanks very much for all the effort on this project.

I had G29 bed leveling working, but I wanted to add your upgrades. I've modified and uploaded the firmware to a rambo board. The compile went well, I can see by doing the G29 command that the changes have taken place, and I can see the coordinates and Z probes it records, the problem is, I don't see any actual effect during printing. Prior to modifying the G29 code with the new code, I could see the Z motors moving as each layer was printed, but now, they don't move at all.

I'll be honest, I haven't read every page of this thread, work and real life have kept me from having time for that, so I thought I'd ask if anyone else had any suggestions.

Again, to be clear, I was using a functioning G29 up until this point, what I mainly wanted was the changes involving the servo retraction after each probe, and the extended options. It does the probes in nine spots, as expected, but during the print, the Z doesn't adjust to the contour of the bed (I've tested with exaggerated probing).

Thanks!
    Z

Engineer-in-Training
    I have had the regular G29 code working and recently uploaded the enhanced. After homing my nozzle is not touching the glass. I used the off set numbers I had before. Why is my zero position 10mm above the glass?

Also, after homing the z will raise before retracting the probe, which is great, but it goes up 15mm or so which is a bit excessive. Can this number be lowered somewhere?

Hi,

after some troubles i have your G29 command running. Thank you for this!
    However: I was a little disappointed, when I realised that you can not probe more than 25 points since
    AUTO_BED_LEVELING_GRID_POINTS can or should not be set above 5.
    As I understand there is some issue about the correction matrix that dictates this number to be that small... would there maybe be an easy to just probe for more points without actually using them for the correction matrix?Is it maybe also possible to output them as a textfile?
    My idea was to generate a topological picture of my strangly tilted heatbed using R - I think that might look awsome!
    I would be willing to share my R script, so that other people could also visualise their topography

Concerning the previous post:
    I beliefe you can probably find Z_RAISE_BEFORE_PROBING being defined somewhere in your configuration.h or marlin_main.cpp. I assume you will find it to be set to 15... get where this is going?

Cheers
    Fritz

Page 60 of 76 FirstFirst ... 1050585960616270 ... LastLast