Ive been thinking of parallelizing the gus simpson design so that it can have an effector platform like a typical delta, rather than an effector which rests in the center of a set of bearings. This will make multiple nozzles/different toolheads much easier to implement, change and adjust. Right now you're pretty much limited to a bowden design with the bowden tube going down through the bearings. It's possible but I imagine would be wonky to mount a direct drive with a stepper on top of the end effector.

Any thoughts on this? It would add more places where two parts need to mate and join together, which in my mind introduces more room for error. On the plus side, you have a much more versatile end effector. You can mount different or multiple toolheads, more space to mount cooling fans, sensors, direct drive extruders. I'll also be working on making the arm motors stationary to reduce the moving mass. In the current design the motors are mounted low on the arms, so while they don't move drastically they are still moving. I don't know if this is really a problem to begin with but it may appeal to some people and the elegance of it appeals to me.

I've been toying with the idea for a while, but it only recently clicked how to implement it (both the parallelization and making the motors stationary). I'll probably make the motors stationary regardless of the decision on parallelization or not, but would like input from others as it does add cost/parts and some complexity.