Quote Originally Posted by AutoWiz View Post
FWIW I picked up on that and joined the conversation when you said you tried a GEEETech i3. But I honestly think this forum or at least some here are more motivated in their responses by certain company or companies. I have seen this on many other forums. Why would we go suggesting software that is more money than a person claimed to spend on their printer? Or try to suggest even more expensive printers when a person has claimed to be chasing the cheapest solutions out there? willful ignorance or paid advertising at its finest? you decide. I already know.

Repetier host works flawlessly. It has excellent support and is regularly updated. Why do we not suggest that first? Especially for those who come here bragging about their ebay or other bottom end printers? Repetier should be the first thing we suggest to these people so we look relevant to what the individual is looking for or like we are paying attention to the conversation at hand, no?
Doesn't repetier host need some kind of custom firmware in order to work for some printers?