Close

Page 38 of 48 FirstFirst ... 283637383940 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Technologist
    Quote Originally Posted by ir_fuel View Post
    I apologise for not reading all 39 pages here (stopped at around 15 ), but could you tell me if this printer works with Octopi? Thanks!
    the HE3D K200 printer works fine with Octoprint on Raaspberian(Jessie). It should with Octopr

Ordered one

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    actually after the middle of the thread it kind of morphs into my building a very large delta competely from scratch. So I reckon you've probably read most of the he3d k200 relevant stuff :-)

Standard gcode and usb connection - so no reason for it not to work with any of the external print managers :-)

Got the magnetic holder shaft connecters done.

Now here's the thing. I made these so the cupped magnets would simply clip into the holder. I'm reproducing my plastic connectors to a really precise set of measurements, but the chinese magnet makers - not so much, lol
    First one - the one I measured - clips really clean and tight, it's not coming out short of breaking the holder. I know this as I had to break the test print to get the magnet out.
    Second magnet, is slightly smaller and tilts ever so slightly and will need a dab of glue as it has the potential to come out over time. The ledge holding the magnets in is only 0.25 mm wide, which with the correct sized magnet - is all it needs to be :-)

Camera appears to be elsewhere, I'll take some pics when I find it. But the balls go in and can hang at 180 degrees, which is probably 10 degrees more than they'll ever need to :-)
    Currently printing some black shaft ends to match the shafts.

How come there are a lot of posts no longer visible in this thread? When reading through it's like one big monologue because the posts of other users seem to have disappeared?

Technologist
    Quote Originally Posted by ir_fuel View Post
    How come there are a lot of posts no longer visible in this thread? When reading through it's like one big monologue because the posts of other users seem to have disappeared?
    A previous member stopped coming by and decided to erase / remove all his posts. It was not a monologue a few months ago. Oh well.
    Do you have any specific question that you need help on?

Technologist
    CA, did you camera ever show up? Hows your progress?

been busy working this week.
    Currently working out how to reverse engineer a software installation for a client with a dying hardrive and no access to the original install media.
    Tricky doesn't come into it :-)

But progress wise, next job is to go back to the corner pieces and finish them off, then get the build plate cut, design mounts, put it together and work out how long the shafys need to be. It's probably around 400mm-ish.

And yeah #40fan going home and taking his posts with him, was both a weirdly extreme reaction to his so called 'privacy' and bloody annoying from a thread point of view. Why post something you know you'll only delete at a later date ?
    I have no clue.

I did look through it recently and fortunately I'm a little verbose (you hadn't noticed ?) so it still mostly makes sense :-)

Okay so here are the shaft ends. I'm using 8mm carbon fibre shafts. The internal diameter is 6mm but a bit haphazard, so i decide to make the shaft end a cap rather than an insert as the 8mm outer diameter is a lot more consistent.

Once I've got the shafts the right length I'll glue the magnets in the ends and the ends to the shafts.

On the software reverse engineering end - not a hope in hell. Even with tracking down ALL the files and registry entries, it still won't work.

So tonight I'm 'playing' with virtual machines in the hope I can run the original os setup on the new machine.

Give that the new machine runs amd and windows 7 and the original was intel and an early windows 10 - the odds are not great lol
    Currently using a paragon tool to convert the vhd image to run in oracles virtual box. On the positive side the paragon software didn't say it couldn't do it.
    Fingers crossed.

Well hot diggity damn !
    It freaking works !!!!
    Colour me happy lol

Even on my basic workshop machine with just 2 gb I can run a virtual windows 10 quite happily :-)
    The clients machine has 4gb and amuch batter processor (32 bit os) so should run this at least as quick as the original 8 year old machine.

The impossible I can do immediately, miracles take a little longer :-)
    Last edited by curious aardvark; 11-14-2017 at 03:01 PM.

Technologist
    Nice Progress. Glad you found your camera.
    Cant wait to see how the magnet connectors work out; not to mention the completed BB. I find I am a little constrained by the 200 mm diameter, but could not have afforded anything larger at the time.

VirtualBox is amazing. I have many different linux images, but never got a windows 10 image that I could stand.
    What client are you using? (if win7, dont let it upgrade ;-))

Page 38 of 48 FirstFirst ... 283637383940 ... LastLast