Close

Page 28 of 48 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Technologist
    Wouldn't that be controlled by steppers steps/mm? Don't know how it's done for Delta setup, never configured one...

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    yep - but bear in mind that the diameter of the driving pulley, determines how much belt is moved per step.
    A pulley with a smaller diameter will move less belt per step.
    So the firmware must need to know the diameter of the pulleys.

Here's an interesting fact. I can print four mounting brackets for the psu and the mounting plate for the motherboard on Alexa, an hour faster than I can print just the motherboard mounting plate on the flashforge.

So haven't bothered printing the motherboard plate on the flashforge lol

Just ordered some metal nema 17 mounting brackets. I'll make some plastic ones for testing, but use the metal ones on the final build.
    Last edited by curious aardvark; 09-15-2017 at 08:56 AM.

Screwed the board and psu to the top.
    Screen works - but apparently isn't talking to the board as can't get a motor to move.

I guess this is where the fun part begins :-)
    Just downloading a bunch of arduino related stuff.
    More as it works - or doesn't :-)

So I get as far as telling ide to read the marlin.ino file. The instructions then say:
    There might be some warning error message during compiling, just neglect those message.
    There is no skip error option and if the '//' them out it just keeps bringing up new ones.

So not particularly impressed with that. How do I copy alexa's firmware to the new board ?
    At least that way I'll have abetter idea what I'm dealing with.

Ah ha - if we rewind back to page 39-40 of this thread - john has kindly supplied both file sand instructions. Currently following those.

Seemed to work - currently attempting to change custom logo on the tft screen.

Yeah, that doesn't work. Would help if the img2lcd program on the instructions was:
    a) in english and not chinese
    b) the same version I downloaded.

There's a setting mismatch somewhere.
    Last edited by curious aardvark; 09-17-2017 at 12:00 PM.

Well, no signs of life so far.
    Can't get the marlin off the oosooyoo website to load at all.
    I did get #40fan's repetier from his k200 to load.
    But back on repetierhost, the eeprom line is still grayed out.
    Suggesting it can't see that part of the board.

And I can't get a motor to move.

Help !

Technologist
    Well my K200 arrived this morning. Time to watch the videos and read this thread again.
    Did you guys compile your own firmware for the K200 or do you have a file I can use?

Sorry Mr Aardvark, I cant offer you any help. I am at the bottom of the learning curve.

I have never touched the k200's firmware - I suggest you don't either till you get a problem with it :-)

It comes fully working.
    As I don't see how my prints could improve - I've left it well alone.
    Last edited by curious aardvark; 09-18-2017 at 11:39 AM.

Technologist
    So I started building my printer this evening. with a broken hand, the going was rougher than it should have been. Some observations and a question
    First, You really do need the ball end hex keys. Those screws in the corners are a nightmare. I was warned ahead of time, but did not order them. I have corrected that this evening and will have them tomorrow. ( love same day delivery of amazon)
    Next, the effector is still 3d printed, and as curious aardvark noted, of poor quality. I already made a new one based on information already provided here and will use that.
    Third, The instructions are not the best. The provided sheet lacks detail, along with the animated YouTube on the 3dprintersonlinestore site. What seems to be much better is the series of videos where you see someone actually building the printer. However, the animated video and the live video does not match. I am going with the live video.

Now that leads me to my question. What is the order of spring washers, wheels, spacers on the carriage part. They differ in the 2 videos and also with the printed sheet. What I think is correct is screw, 2 spring washers, spacer, carriage acrylic and finally nut. For the other side: the screw, 1 spring washer, wheel, eccentric nut, acrylic carriage and the nut.

Can you guys provide some guidance?

the he3d video is brilliant for everything but the wheels.
    I like it because you can run it backwards and forwards and see the part from lots of different angles.
    There is a correction for the wheels on the he3d website.
    Also here: http://www.reprap.org/wiki/K200
    wheels :

he3d faq: http://www.reprapmall.com/index.php?...log/blog&id=41

That lot should do it. :-)
    We did say those bottom frame bolts were fiddly :-)

I put the carriages together the way it showed in the video - can't say it made any difference doing it the right way afterwards :-) But it makes a lot more sense.

I didn't do it qyite like they did.
    I assembled the carriages and then dropped them down onto the struts. Much easier than trying to add them after you've put the top on.
    The adjustable nuts aren't really necessary.

So build carriages, attach arms, drop onto struts, tighten, put top on, attach arms to effector.
    Is the easiest way to do it.

The animated video and the circuit diagram are all you need.
    And a tablet for the video is also helpful.
    Last edited by curious aardvark; 09-20-2017 at 04:48 AM.

Technologist
    Thanks for the picture. Thats how I built it.
    Well, got the mechanical completed. Will start mounting the electronics. I think it is right.
    What is the proper amount of bet tension, or should i not worry about it when I put in the belt tension springs?
    EDIT: I just read in the facebook group that the arms are different and should be paired? Is that true, I did not check mine. Should I take them back off and check? Thanks
    he3d-k200-day2.jpg
    Last edited by mjf55; 09-21-2017 at 04:00 AM.

Page 28 of 48 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast