Close

Threaded View

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    these are just test peices.
    Each one is currently different :-)

The third one will have wedge shaped rails for the horizontal struts.
    Just to lock them into place. 2 Bolts each side ought to do it.
    Might end up with more - depends if I have to make the base much bigger. Still not convinced the struts are long enough.
    Looking at build plate I reckon I can extend each side by at least another 10 cm if necessary.

Mind you once you stick a couple struts into the corner pieces it looks pretty big :-)

The vertical strut does not need anything else. I have to hammer it in and out. This flashforge pla is tough stuff. I had some aluminium powder come out the last time - pla isn't scratched at all :-)

Been banging it on the floor to get it in and against the underside of the table to get it out.
    Need a rubber mallet :-)

first 2 printed at 100mm/s - thought I'd do the 3rd one at 150 - just to see if it's still dimensionally accurate. Plus it cuts the print time down to 1 hour :-)

Meanwhile using flsshforge to make some 30x30 strutnuts :-)

Sorted :-)

Lock really nicely in place and can be tightened pretty much as much as the metal ones.
    These use nuts for 3mm bolts - not sure if 4 mm nuts would be too big.
    I'll see :-)
    Nope - nuts don't physically fit the 6mm channel.
    No problem I have a lot of of 3mm nuts and my local hardware store does well cheap different length 3mm bolts.
    Given that these are sized for 30mm extrusion - not going to bother posting the stl. If anyone wants it - pm me :-)

They're actually better than the strutnits meant for the 2-x20 as they fill the slot and give a lot more surface area to grip with.
    I'll see if I can break one.

Yep. Left a fairly deep gouge in the aluminium mind you.
    I'll use the metal ones for structural joining. These will be fine for anything not under a lot of stress.
    Last edited by curious aardvark; 09-08-2017 at 04:41 PM.