Close

Threaded View

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    Yep - the one with the coloured connectors.
    Aliexpress won't let me pay for stuff.
    Just won't accept my visa card. I have no idea where my mastercard is as I don't use it or carry it.
    Have to dig it out for future purchases.
    Webmoney wants a cell phone - don't have one of those either :-)
    And for some reason they don't use paypal - so that's me scuppered.

So asked my mate to get the heat pad - he's bought stuff from alibaba which is the same company.
    350mm silicon pad with 3m glue, 12v 270 watt - $40 delivered. can't argue with that. Around £31. Same thing over here is more than double the cost.

Just ordered psu from amazon. 600watts, 25 amps - £15 !
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    Should do the job :-)
    Buying psus for lighting is cheaper than buying for 3d printers. Even though they are the exact same type of psu.
    Go figure.

So just struts, wheels and shafts left I believe. £155 paid out.
    Definitely going to end up well under £300, without compromising on stuff either.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MKS-Base-V...72.m2749.l2649

try that link.
    (reads page)
    Ah apparently it's supplied with marlin firmware.
    So when I get the psu I should be able to fire screen and board up without any initial buggering around.
    Still leaning toward smoothieware - as that's what they;re using on the tevo little monster. Which I'm essentially ripping off :-)

Going to stick heatsinks to those chips anyway (bought them gonna use them lol). Been building computers for 30 odd years - No such thing as too much cooling.

Oh and you were right about the negative z being why she was doing weird things. Knocked it back to -0.15 prints normal. Put it back to -0.2 - weirdness.
    Last edited by curious aardvark; 08-10-2017 at 09:55 AM.