Close

Hybrid View

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    yep same as alexa - it comes with an adhesive back. So just stick directly to the aluminium plate.
    The new stuff is apparently a lot thinner, given how tough it is not sure that'll make any real difference.
    Hopefully it won't get bent in the post.

Bought some silver insulating tape - so I'll do alexas bed at some point. See if it speeds things up at all.

From what i can see the cheapskate carriages still use plastic wheels, as well as having a rear support plate. As long as your wheels are tight in the slot, that shouldn't be necessary. Plus I like having the back of the struts clear for sticking stuff on :-)

So what do the finished magnetic arms look like ?

On a side note - having a helluva job buying a a filament guide, roller thing for the extruder (got hobbed bolt).
    Realised last night that I can dismantle the extrduer on the right hand head of the flashforge - haven't used it for years. So with luck I'll have my fixings to make an extruder from that. Got to make all the bits as the nema 14 motors are a lot smaller than the 17' and I have yet to see an extruder set for a nema 14.
    Hell might as well remove the motor as well.

The extruder motor shouldn't get that hot, so an all plastic setup should be okay. We'll see.
    Last edited by curious aardvark; 08-22-2017 at 07:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by curious aardvark View Post
    yep same as alexa - it comes with an adhesive back. So just stick directly to the aluminium plate.
    The new stuff is apparently a lot thinner,
    Apparently it's possible to cut it with scissors according to Jason. I asked because I want some for my M200.