Close

Threaded View

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    the magentic setup is brilliant !
    Plus it also has the added bonus of keeping the drive belts locked in.
    About the only thing that concerns me is if a belt works it's way out of the grooves, and you've sorted that. Mind you mine are that tight, it's unlikely.

here's a dinky little motor that would do the job for suspended extruder :-)
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/sourcingmap...+stepper+motor
    And if you print the parts for the extruder instead of the solid metal ones, they'd still work fine but be a lot lighter.
    It's a great little extruder, don't think you'll get one much simpler.

I'll have to set the endstop z-probe up at some point - still levelling by instinct, using the Force - as it were :-)

It works, but it'd be nice to do it mechanically lol

Probably work up a clip on/off holder for the switch. Nozzle won't be heated, so no reason can't use the throat to clip onto.

Love the magnetic arms - has it made any difference - either better or worse to print quality ?

So thinking back - about the only things we've not covered are the corner joining parts and the actual wheeled carriages themselves. Other than that I think we can now build a delta printer of humoungous size, from scratch with almost no size restrictions.
    Hot diggity :-)
    I just need a spare month or three to get it done :-)

So let's assume we build a delta with a 1 metre print height and say 350mm heated build plate - could go bigger but then you've got all day to wait for it to warm up.
    We'll resize and print the strutnuts. The ones I've done are pretty tough and i can use pet-g if necessary.
    I'll do some field trials when i get the time.

So printed parts, looking at:
    9 corner pieces,
    effector
    3 vertical roller carriages
    3 magnetic arm addons
    filament holders, extruder parts, fan duct, various little stuff

Non printed

2020 strut for verticals and diagonals
    heat pad for aluminium bed (aluminium, just because I can get that free)
    springs and bolts for bed - I like the suspended setup.
    15-20 metre roll of belt
    3 nema 17s + metal gear cog thingies
    1 nema 14
    4x endstops - might as well keep the z-probe as one, cheaper and works.
    Motherboard: I'd like to use the same board as the he3d 200, just like the design - but is there cheaper and better ? I have no clue on this.
    500 watt pc psu - cheap as chips and easy to hotwire - plus has on off switch.
    And mount all the crap on the top rather than at the bottom. makes more sense, gives better access and you can always put a dalek head over it if you wanted to :-)
    hotend - be nice to have one that runs up to 300c but a bog standard 260 e3d would be fine too.
    Top plate - I can probably get an aluminium one cut to size and shape while they do my plate. Either that or 5mm plywood painted black. That would make mounting stuff as simply as using self tapping woodscrews of which I have an abundance :-)

What did I forget ?
    Last edited by curious aardvark; 07-21-2017 at 06:35 AM.