Close

Threaded View

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    Knocked off 3 coerners in a row with no issues. Did drop speed to 125 - probably not necessary but only made 10 minutes difference.

So today been making the top - or base depending on how you look at it :-)

Was going to measure stuff - but in the end just put base on top of box and drew it.
    Then used the cardboard template to draw on plywood and cut that out. Which is why the cardboard is a much better fit and shape than the plywood one :-)
    Plus I'm not terribly good at getting straight lines with a bandsaw.
    Fast, dirty and functional, have always been my woodworking watchwords :-)
    Precision, not so much, lol

So got the mounting bolt holes drilled and plywood top is now firmly attached. Those plastic strutnuts do a pretty good job. Just as well no sign of the metal ones yet.
    But I do need some shorter bolts.

Corner pieces and cardboard build plate

Cardboard top/baseplate

Plywood top bolted on.

Also decided that I only need a top with short legs to get the rest designed. So no need to print another 3 temporary cornerpieces and fight with a full size frame.
    So the: ' holy crap dude, that thing is huge !' picture will have to wait until I've done a fair bit more designing and fitting :-)

Next job is mounting board, psu and motors so i can finally see how it all fits.
    Did think about cables going through the centre of the plate. But will probably work better at the side with a rubber cable snake to keep everything out of the way of the arms and suspended extruder.
    Last edited by curious aardvark; 09-14-2017 at 10:09 AM.