Close

Threaded View

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    Arrived about 10 minutes after i got back with dogs. Fortunately my mate was here and signed for it as It's piddling down with rain to day and I was still drying dogs lol

So for davo - here are some pics:

Big Box Of Bits.

Heated plate with printbite overlay. Hopefully I can make it easy to remove as I dont want to stick it permamently on the glass plate.

It's going to be a big sucker ! Judging by the length of the main aluminium rods.

Checked all the boxes and it all appears to be here. Only one issue so far.
    The cradle for the extruder has been 3d printed - everything else is injection moulded.
    And it's bloody awful quality. Looks like a 1mm nozzle at around 0.4mm layer height.

As all the rods attach to this, I'd like to reprint at higher settings and better quality. Must be an stl file around somewhere.

Other than that I'm as happy as a nile croc in the wildebeest migration season :-)

Just wondering, If I got longer rods and longer filament guide tube and longer belts. Would it be that simple to increase the print height ?
    I do have a friendly aluminium engineering firm I do work for. So the rods would most likely be free. Already got filament guide tubing and how expnesive can the belts be ?

It's a thought anyway :-)

Ramps 2 plus board. Everything is nicely labelled. Looks pretty straightforward. The control screen takes a full size sd card. I don't think I'll use the 'sandisk' (yeah right) copy that came with it. The fake label has fallen off already :-) I've built a few thousand computers over the last 30 odd years. This just looks like more nuts and bolts. I'm pretty sure the fun part will come when I try and fit the belts and then when I start calibrating :-)

Planing on fitting the extruder upside down so I can feed filament in from the top. A filament holder that sits on top will be my first mod. Have to keep the overall footprint down so it will fit on the desk with the flashforge.
    Updates as and when.
    Last edited by curious aardvark; 05-17-2017 at 07:25 AM.