Definitely not messing about with Alexa. Learnt many years ago that once a thing works - stop messing with it.

Wasn't uncommon on the old days for me to fix a computer and just do one last thing - which buggered it up.
So now if what i have works the way I want it to and does what it should. Leave it well alone.
One reason I absolutely will not let microsoft dump whatever crap they like on my computers.

Might clone the harddrive and do all the stupid updates at some point to see if I can get s3d 4.0 working.
No joy so far.

I'll mess with the new board. As if that gets totally buggered up - it's no big deal. Just £25 up the swanney, rather than a dead printer.
If Alexa gets messed up - I'll cry !
lol

I'm curious to see what differences there are in the display and control options with different firmwares. And I know this board is compatible with marlin, repetier and smoothieware. You have all three options in the configuration file.
Saw something yesterday that recommends swapping marlin - apparently old version - the board comes with for the latest smoothieware.
So sometime over the weekend I'll give that a go.
I know it's the screen that does the continue print after power failure. So no matter what I'll keep that.

What I don't know - is which socket I plug the z probe into for auto calibration.
Going to have three spare endstop sockets as I've got two for each motor. Can't see anything else that I could use. So probably the z- one I'm thinking. The top of the machine is z + (I think).
That's easy to test with repetier host anyway. Hold the swith in send the command. Tells you if it's found it.