Close

Hybrid View

Technologist
    Usually you can't move extruder before hotend is heated; this is a safety feature as extruding to unheated hotend might break things.

For Z-axis, you could try:
    - connect only one motor at a time, just to see if they work individually
    - rotate only other connector
    - check the amps the stepper drivers are outputting. I don't know what kind of board that printer has so it's either measuring voltages with multimeter or mucking around in the firmware.
    - check the steps/mm in firmware or in the printer menu. If it's Marlin, it's Control->Motion->ZSteps/mm

This machine has a LSEE 3D V1 board.

About the extruder.... that makes sense. So the extruder is fine then.

I tried one z stepper at a time, using the z stepper pin sets on the board. Does not work. I checked the z steppers using the x and y stepper pin sets on the board and the z stepper motors work. I tried the x and y steppers on the ztepper pin sets and they dont work. I has to be the z stepper pin sets on the board.

I tried the connectors red wire up, down, and alternated the connectors. The steppers are holding as in there is a magnetic field within the stepper holding the shaft. Sometimes the steppers even click and I hear whine as if they're moving and then the whining stops.

I checked the voltage across the driver pots and I got 0.84v for each pot. I haven't measured current. Can I even measure current?

The steps/mm for the z axis is +0400.0.

Quote Originally Posted by spegelius View Post
    Usually you can't move extruder before hotend is heated; this is a safety feature as extruding to unheated hotend might break things.

For Z-axis, you could try:
    - connect only one motor at a time, just to see if they work individually
    - rotate only other connector
    - check the amps the stepper drivers are outputting. I don't know what kind of board that printer has so it's either measuring voltages with multimeter or mucking around in the firmware.
    - check the steps/mm in firmware or in the printer menu. If it's Marlin, it's Control->Motion->ZSteps/mm