Hi

Thanks for the ideas and advice.

I have ordered some metal feeders so will see if they fit and if not, use some spacers to keep it square and feeder holes aligned.

I was wondering if there is benefit to ditching the standard ctc setup and move to new hot ends with the threaded feeder that threads through the (need to be new) mounting bar and up into the feeder drive?

I like that idea as the feeder tube is threaded right up to the drive wheel so the drive should be more direct. So I would be effectivley be building this:

Geeetech_mk82.jpg

I just need to get my head around that parts list as I may try that if the metal feeders dont resolve the issue. I have not measured the thread sizes - some seem to be 6mm and some 7mm... and then the lengths - I guess the shorter the feed to extruder nozzle is better... or perhaps not, for heat reasons?

I have also ordered a (cheapo) temperature probe for a couple of quid to use on my meter to try and get better temp readings.

probe.jpg

My thermistors are in what looks like a crimped eyelet - and do have some (what looks like) fibreglass matting over them to insulate them so should be ok I hope!

Thanks

David