Quote Originally Posted by curious aardvark View Post
Hmm, certainly a good deal - but has anyone ever seen a positive review for ANY xyz printer let alone the davinci ?

At this price range I have to lean towards the wanhao i3 duplicator - monoprice badged: https://www.amazon.com/Monoprice-138...ice+3d+printer

Actually seen some good reviews for the select mini as well. But obviously the 13860 maker (genuinely a wanhao) has larger build plate and huge support grouip.
I would second this. The Monoprice Maker Select/Wanhao Duplicator i3 (same printer, just different companies) is hands down the best printer under $400 right now. It can be assembled in less than 10 minutes, has a massive community and tons of information online. I run a blog with lots of guides for doing upgrades to it and it prints excellent out of the box, even better with some small mods.

I wouldn't force my worst enemy to use those garbage Davinci printers. There is a reason they were giving them away for free if you bought 10 rolls of filament from them. The choice to go proprietary was not taken very well by the 3D Printing community.