I still have my original goals about finding a 3D printer, but you've given me what I think might be my answer to my problem two years ago.

When a person loses an eye completely, all that is left is the "socket" that used to support the eye. The hospital makes a series of molds, and eventually ends up with a replacement eye that looks realistic. So, if they were to make a mold of the socket (first step they do right now), and use.a scanner such as the one you suggested to scan that mold, they would get an engineering design showing that part of the replacement eye, and they could add on additional features as needed. With the resin printer, they could print this out very accurately, in resin, and from that part they could make a mold and cast the actual part later, using the appropriate materials that can be used inside a body.

I will be back at the hospital in April, and take detailed photos of how this is done. I'm not sure what their budget is for this, but it sounds a lot more plausible right now than two years ago. Maybe they need to purchase two 3D printers, one of which will be a resin printer.

Thanks..... to be continued...