Close

Hybrid View

I have a coworker that has a prosthetic eye. We are in the process of scanning his prosthetic eye to make a new one. What we are going to do is scan the eye with our scanner we put putty on the front of the part to the scanner table after coating the part with the polishing compound it will make it dull making it able to be scanned. Then flip it over and repeat. Take both the scans and merge them to make a complete model. Then we are going to machine it on one side. Next we are going to print a clam shell fixture to hold it for machining of the last side. It will be out of titanium. Last we will polish. We have Zeiss Comet L3D an use Cometplus 9.52 software with the scanner. We use Geomagic Design X and Geomagic Verify for post processing.
    Last edited by Printmaster; 03-02-2017 at 07:22 AM. Reason: Added info

Staff Engineer
    It sounds like you've got the right equipment and software to do a good job of this, Printmaster. If you'd like to share some pictures of the work in progress, I'm sure many of us would love to see them.

Andrew Werby
    www.computersculpture.com

I don't mind this is for a coworker so it is a low priority right now we are waiting on the eye doctor to give us the compound he uses to polish. I will say we will scan it hopefully this month.