Close

Page 17 of 25 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast
    Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    lol when someone with a peachy shows me a yoda and prints the Lefab shop articulated robot with 11 working hinges and joints, I'll believe you have an actual useful and practical 3d printer.

All I've seen in the last year or so are a few crude geometrical shapes.

Actually when i saw it on kickstarter i i was more interested the ryan said it would also double as a 3d scanner - for $100 I'd buy a 3d scanner, if - at some undisclosed time later - it suddenly became a working 3d printer, that'd be a bonus.

Maybe you're all working on this the wrong way round :-) The maker community needs cheap 3d scanners more than it currently needs more budget 3d printers.

Just a thought :-)

I'm far more interested in a cheap 3D printer than a cheap 3D scanner. I think a lot of people are probably the same way. The scanner would just be a bonus feature. You can make 3D models or use other methods (lazy susan+webcam, kinect, etc.) to get your object to print. The printers on the other hand are still too expensive for a lot of people.

I do agree though that not seeing anyone other than the creators making anything is a bit disheartening.

or use other methods (lazy susan+webcam, kinect, etc.) to get your object to print
    And they are all a major pita.
    Dunno what kinect cost, but I bet they're not that cheap.

Nope, if the 3d scanner side worked well I'd buy a peachy and probably never buy one drop of resin :-)

They've showed the yoda print. It's still got some holes, but you can make out some remarkable detail on the muppet. I'm not interested in scanning at all, myself. I'm much more interested in printing original models. what interests me is not just the cost (that's great, btw) but the fidelity.

Quote Originally Posted by curious aardvark View Post
    And they are all a major pita.
    Dunno what kinect cost, but I bet they're not that cheap.

Nope, if the 3d scanner side worked well I'd buy a peachy and probably never buy one drop of resin :-)
    if the only reason you came to this forum is to take jabs at the Peachy Printer then please leave, the Peachy has already proven itself and has already advanced beyond the current home FDM printers, and FYI you can pick up a Kinect for $80 or less online.

lmao - not taking jabs at peachy. As i said it's got some great ideas in there.
    Thought it was great when it launched. Just seems to have ground to a halt since then.

Is being reminded of that what's really annoying you ?

Note the posts beginning with "lol" and "lmao" and the derisive terminal question. In short: Don't feed the troll.

Staff Engineer
    Quote Originally Posted by NoctumSolis View Post
    Note the posts beginning with "lol" and "lmao" and the derisive terminal question. In short: Don't feed the troll.
    I agree, and while I would normally consider taking moderative action for trolling, I feel it's not really necessary yet. For anyone who has read the updates from the Peachy team in this forum, it's pretty clear that CA is doing more to harm his own credibility than he is to inflame the emotions of Peachy backers.

But really, have a little patience, and everyone keep the thread civil.

okay - so laughing at people getting their knickers in a twist when you point out that no prints = no working printer, is trolling is it ?
    Okay, Fair enough - I'll just laugh on the inside :-)

But something that doesn't work - is always going to be something that doesn't work - no matter how much you wish it would work.
    I'm sure with a few more changes to the hardware, it'll start working. Still for $100 ?
    who knows.

It's a great concept with some really clever engineering. I'd love to see it working properly - and maybe one day I will.

Staff Engineer
    Talking about the state of a printer isn't trolling, the tone of your posts are what needs changing. Let's be completely honest here. You're not laughing at people getting mad, you're laughing to get people mad, and that isn't going to be tolerated. This is a very friendly and open first warning.

Okay, here you go. This is a link to the newest prints from the hardware the beta testers don't have yet.
    It's one thing to point out flaws in a released product, and quite another to ignore the working version of a product still in beta and use very old results from the first runs of the beta. Yes, it's still for $100, some of the changes actually lowered costs.

Nobody here is mad at you for calling the baby ugly, only annoyed about you acting willfully ignorant and self-contradictory.

Page 17 of 25 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast