Quote Originally Posted by mike_biddell View Post
Couldn't we video the print on a low frame rate and review the footage to see whether the missing sides were actually attempted. If they weren't, it is the software. And u dont have to use juice..... a virtual print. https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...com.ui.LapseIt
Hey Mike,
The two missing walls were not attempted (I watched the camera), I'm not sure yet where in the chain this goes missing. It could be an artefact of the cura slicer, I have seen with FDM before that things are missing because dimensions have been rounded down vs bead size but I just don't know yet. Given that all of the layers look identical and clean I suspect it is not an error with the player but either the slicer or the wav generator and I don't think the camera would help.
I was just thinking about writing a virtual peachy printer device that would process the audio being sent out and push drips in. There's probably even better virtual ways of doing this much quicker since you wouldn't need to process every layer or even push in drips and you could generate a bitmap per layer. Since the tool chain pushes out a wav and cue file if you didn't care about scaling factors you wouldn't need to use the player at all and you could do this all programmatically without too much understanding of how the printer works, you could scroll through the cues and generate an image per cue.........any volunteers?