Close

Hybrid View

Engineer-in-Training
    Wow! Those are great! I am surprised how good those look. You must have a well calibrated machine.

Thank you for printing those, Pete. It will be awesome to have some comparison shots as I get the Peachy dialed in. I will consider a comparable print on the Peachy to be a success. Thanks for setting the bar, now I can stare at it until my lens arrives.

Looks like I will be back in business by Friday, I will see if I can get some pictures up Friday night or Saturday.

Technician
    They're OK....I've had more impressive prints, at the moment I seem to have software issues from installing multiple versions and fiddling myself so when I print small objects like this I get a lot of filaments hanging off where it prints a layer and then parks a few inches back and lets it cool before doing the next layer.

As for setting the bar...This week I got a sample print from an FSL3D pegasus, I also printed the same model on this FFF machine (FYI, very little calibration just a bed level and height then print, it's a 3D Touch which is basically the precursor to the 3D Systems Cube X [they've fixed a load of stuff and made it much easier to use for a consumer])

Unfortunately my phone camera makers these look OK, the reality is that they are truly exceptional (even the FFF), they have a spiral staircase and a double helix inside....

IMG_20140417_183516.jpgIMG_20140417_183527.jpgIMG_20140417_183553.jpgIMG_20140417_183756.jpgIMG_20140417_183822.jpg

I really hope that the stock peachy can produce something that lies between the two (and seeing the later pictures from the updates I think it will)

In case you feel inclined to print the same in comparison, http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:99028 , this is scaled down to 29mm tall.