Close

Page 10 of 25 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
    Just to let you know I have only had limited time with my Peachy, but just retrieved my first object from the resin. I know it does not look like much but I proud of my first baby. Now to tweak calibration and print something real.

2014-05-18 10.37.08.jpg

Decent cylinder - still some cal to do.

2014-05-18 21.34.41.jpg
    Last edited by colehard; 05-19-2014 at 06:53 PM.

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by colehard View Post
    Decent cylinder - still some cal to do.

2014-05-18 21.34.41.jpg
    Are you sure you put in enough resin for that print? It looks rather like one of their column tests from update #13.

Staff Engineer
    Actually, it kind of looks like there were bubbles in the resin. Aside from that, not bad for a first print in beta.

Engineer-in-Training
    as a matter of interest, how long did the cylinder take to print?

Engineer-in-Training
    The holes you all see in the cylinder are the result of some bugs in the software. I have been calling it the axe slice. It happens in almost all my prints. It is being worked out, or already has in the newest version of the software. Of course it comes with it's own bugs... *sigh* But everything is moving in the right direction, and bugs are getting fixed.

Engineer-in-Training
    Virtual printing would be good to accelerate development. Just take the audio output file and render the pixels at the coordinates in the file and you would be able to view the print in a cad package without using any resin. This should exactly mirror a hard resin print, and if not, would highlight clearly whether a problem relates to hardware or software e.g. the ripples in the cylinder wall (hardware or software?).

Student
    But what if the program that takes the audio and turns it into coordinates suffers from "bugs". Then you could be chasing down an error in the wrong place. It is a shame that most of us are not of any use helping to fix these bugs and we are not yet at the stage that it comes down to us messing around with the print speed, apparture size, laser power and so on. We just have to wait and keep trying each time a bug gets fixed I guess. However, one day all of this will be history and printing something with a peachy will be as normal as playing candy crush on your mobile phone.

Keep at it guys and well done for getting this far!!!

Engineer-in-Training
    errr I hear where you are coming from, but the likelihood of errors in simple software to render a set of coords, should be very much smaller. Read (x,y,z) and set pixel, repeat.

Is there a definition of the wave to calc the coordinates? Can someone post a sample object, wave file and his/her dripsize/speed. also the height of the laser over the liquid has to be known.
    With this test data i would try to create a virtual printer... but no guarantee that i can do that but i will try my best

Engineer-in-Training
    Synchron, if u can achieve that, we can all start printing before we get our printers....... magic. I sincerely believe this would greatly accelerate the software development. I design all my electronic circuits in a simulator and so far, the building of the actual circuit is always a formality. This concept is the 3D printing equivalent i.e. if it works in the virtual printer, it will work when you commit to resin. If colehard would send u the cylinder output file, you cud check whether the virtual print showed the holes in the cylinder walls. An interesting validation exercise.
    Last edited by mike_biddell; 05-22-2014 at 09:13 AM.

Page 10 of 25 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast