The Projet 1200 uses one material, Visijet FTX Green. Marketed to jewelers and dentists as a castable resin. The prints from this machine are great but casting is a pain. You need to be set up for platinum casting or familiar with phosphate-bonded investments because that's the only thing that works. Or make rubber molds from the prints, which I'm doing now. I'm currently looking for alternative compatible resins I can use in my Projet. I'm wondering if the B9 Resin would work in my Projet???? Wishful thinking???

It should be said that 3D Systems was no help whatsoever. As it turns out, they had no idea how to cast this material and decided to go ahead and ship the printers and let the early adopters figure it out. After much trial and error, and some outside help from other early adopters, we figured it out and 3D Systems is writing a manual that will come with the printer from now on telling you what to buy and how to do it. But my experiences with 3D Systems have not been stellar I'm sorry to say. The technician that came to install the printer knew how to plug it in and that's about it. He had never even seen the software that accompanies it. It was similar to my CAD software so it wasn't hard to figure out and I ended up training him on his damn software! The saleswoman was very nice but was completely unfamiliar with the printer, could not answer any questions; in fact I'm not sure she had seen the printer in person. Very unprofessional.