Close

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by cabbagecreek View Post
    I have tried to do Software that improves the manual MBL process.
    I had a discussion with Scott Lahteine and he sad that Roxanne may have a clue (Roxy at this board??? )
    This is why I try to post my question here.

My intension is to NOT change anything inside Marlin.
    I want to begin with the Marlin standard configured and with MBL setup working.

I am sooo close to have a semiautomatic MBL done in software outside Marlin.
    I hope that I can get some feedback if this approach is possible and will work for many kind of implementations of Marlin
    You really should take a look at the Marlin UBL branch. It does everything you say you want, and much more. Besides automatically probing as much of the bed as possible (that the probe can reach), it gives you multiple ways to fill in the remaining mesh points. At that point the typical progression is to use the built in Mesh Validation Pattern to confirm how well you have the mesh defined. And any flaws can be quickly edited and the fine tuned mesh can be saved to EEPROM.

You can get it here:

https://github.com/MarlinFirmware/Marlin/tree/devel-ubl
    Last edited by Roxy; 12-04-2016 at 11:33 PM.

I have done all development against the RC7bugfix. How mutch of the UBL branch will be implemented in next release of Marlin.

Quote Originally Posted by cabbagecreek View Post
    I have done all development against the RC7bugfix. How mutch of the UBL branch will be implemented in next release of Marlin.
    0% of it will be in the next release. The plan is to start RC-8 in the next week or so. And if that goes smoothly, to promote it to 'Stable' around Christmas time. I'm not sure that will happen because Scott is so busy. But right now... No new features will be put into RCBugFix / RC-8.

Once that branch gets promoted to Stable, the UBL branch will become the base for the next release cycle.
    Last edited by Roxy; 12-01-2016 at 10:18 AM.