Close

Hybrid View

Sounds like you dont have the setting in the firmware that allowes the z axis going into negative position. I havent done BLTouch yet but with a regular probe, you do G28, then G29. move z until it hits the bed, record the z position and Add that to your z offset.

Engineer-in-Training
    Quote Originally Posted by splinter182 View Post
    Sounds like you dont have the setting in the firmware that allowes the z axis going into negative position. I havent done BLTouch yet but with a regular probe, you do G28, then G29. move z until it hits the bed, record the z position and Add that to your z offset.
    Do you happen to know what setting that is? I figured that is what is going on but the only option I can find is Safe Z homing, but if I disable that when it runs G28 it does it in the corner of the bed so the probe never hits the bed.

Quote Originally Posted by BLKKROW View Post
    Do you happen to know what setting that is? I figured that is what is going on but the only option I can find is Safe Z homing, but if I disable that when it runs G28 it does it in the corner of the bed so the probe never hits the bed.
    I haven't messed with firmware in a long time but i think it was something like min software endstop. Safe Z homing brings the print head to the middle of the bed for z homing.