Close

Hybrid View

Technologist
    I got it!!! It worked great. First off thank you to Sebastian and Todd for all your help and advice!

The FFCP CAN run ninjaflex very well but you will need to do a couple of modifications.

First you need to put in Sebastian's PTFE modification. I also changed the drive gear I got on Amazon. (5mm 40T Extruder Driver Feeder Gear Bore for Makerbot Mk7 Mk8 3D Printer) I have yet to have this extruder jam using NinjaFlex. The first time I tried to print, I had forgotten to reduce the speed and extruded a small test at the stock 3600 mm/min. The model looked bad but the extruder never jammed!

Second: I replaced the blue pad with glass. No matter what I did, Ninjaflex would not easily come off. I ruined all three of my blue pads trying to get NF off that stuff.

As for the slicer settings, I used S3D. (these settings assume your machine is calibrated.)
    Nozzle temp worked best at 240 degrees.
    Layer Height: 2mm
    Build platform temp: 40 degrees. (put hairspray on glass if needed)
    Default printing speed 1800 mm/min

The best thing is, I used one extruder to build the model and the same extruder to apply the supports. Yes, I said Ninjaflex supporting Ninjaflex. A needle nose pliers and the supports came right off.

Tell me what you think :-)
    Oh...forgot to mention the picture shows the supports still in place. This was fresh off the printer.

20161018_084225 (800x800).jpg

Hi Bill, did you not get my email? The one about PVA supports?

Super Moderator
    I just finally got my redo on one of the FFCP's up and going and tried NinjaFlex. Overall pretty good. I used 235 and 40. The print though looks "granular" kind of texture. Not nice clear color.
    Support says I am to hot on the print. Going to try again this evening at a lower temp.

How has your NinjaFlex been going?

Quote Originally Posted by huntleybill View Post
    I got it!!! It worked great. First off thank you to Sebastian and Todd for all your help and advice!

The FFCP CAN run ninjaflex very well but you will need to do a couple of modifications.

First you need to put in Sebastian's PTFE modification. I also changed the drive gear I got on Amazon. (5mm 40T Extruder Driver Feeder Gear Bore for Makerbot Mk7 Mk8 3D Printer) I have yet to have this extruder jam using NinjaFlex. The first time I tried to print, I had forgotten to reduce the speed and extruded a small test at the stock 3600 mm/min. The model looked bad but the extruder never jammed!

Second: I replaced the blue pad with glass. No matter what I did, Ninjaflex would not easily come off. I ruined all three of my blue pads trying to get NF off that stuff.

As for the slicer settings, I used S3D. (these settings assume your machine is calibrated.)
    Nozzle temp worked best at 240 degrees.
    Layer Height: 2mm
    Build platform temp: 40 degrees. (put hairspray on glass if needed)
    Default printing speed 1800 mm/min

The best thing is, I used one extruder to build the model and the same extruder to apply the supports. Yes, I said Ninjaflex supporting Ninjaflex. A needle nose pliers and the supports came right off.

Tell me what you think :-)
    Oh...forgot to mention the picture shows the supports still in place. This was fresh off the printer.

20161018_084225 (800x800).jpg